We act for clients within the disability support sector and have insight into our clients’ practical challenges, philosophies and expectations.
We act for and represent charities, not-for-profits and NDIS registered providers. Our experience also spans the support of aged care, community, employment, health and human services organisations.
How we can help
We offer careful, detailed and practical strategic and legal support across commercial and property, employment and workplace relations and regulatory matters.
Commercial and property
- Contracts, agreements and memorandums of understanding and other commercial documentation, including service contracts, client agreements and trading terms.
- Drafting, review and negotiation of leases.
- Managing leasing issues between lessors and lessees, including rent review arrangements, outgoings, signage, parking and access rights.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Directors’ duties, governance, risk and Company Secretarial support.
Employment and workplace relations
- Strategic and practical employment advice for managing employees, including employees dealing with disabilities.
- Advice and representation before Courts and Tribunals, including the Fair Work Commission, Federal Court, Federal Circuit Court and the Australian Human Rights Commission, in relation to complaints and claims by employees and contractors.
- Conducting workplace investigations into complaints and grievances by employees, including bullying, discrimination and harassment.
- Occupational health and safety advice, including employee safety and that of others in the workplace.
- Strategic and practical advice for managing short and long term ill and injured employees.
- Payroll compliance audits.
- Assistance in dealing with and responding to the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
- Advice and assistance regarding compliance with the NDIS Practice Standards, NDIS Code of Conduct and the NDIS Price Guide.
- Conducting investigations into and reporting on clinical incidents, including advice on reportable incidents.
- Policy review and development.
- Responding to and managing complaints.
- Advice across a range of legal and compliance matters including privacy and data security and the Australian Consumer Law.
- Advice and assistance regarding COVID-19 challenges, including vaccines, restrictions and restraints.
- Charities and not-for-profit support including Associations Incorporation Act issues, regulator issues (Consumer Protection and the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission), incorporation and registration of new organisations, winding up and distribution of surplus property.