Mediation is a voluntary process where a neutral third party (the mediator) assists parties (including their lawyers if they have them) in resolving their dispute in a way that is acceptable to all involved. In mediation, the parties retain the right to decide for themselves whether to settle a dispute and the terms of any settlement. It is a powerful tool available to parties as an alternative to potentially costly court action.
Our Director, Gemma McGrath, is an NMAS Accredited Meditator providing professional and skilled conflict resolutions for workplace disputes, the health, aged care and disability sectors as well as commercial, contractual, Estate and property disputes.
Gemma can assist in the following areas
- Workplace performance and performance management issues
- Workplace interactions & behaviours such as bullying, harassment or interpersonal conflict
- Situations that could lead to possible Workcover/Workcare Claims
- Supporting the return to work of an employee after an extended period of absence due to ill health, physical injury or stress.
- Health care decisions
- Living arrangements
- Conflict with family members or support network
- Standards of care
- Facilitating difficult conversations