Aged Care and Retirement Living
We have substantial experience in the aged care and retirement living sectors and in-depth knowledge of the relevant legislative frameworks.
Our lawyers assist providers of aged care and retirement living services in the following areas:
- Compliance with the aged care and retirement village legislation, and strata and community title laws in the context of seniors’ housing
- Commercial agreements, including brokerage agreements, service agreements, tender documentation and funding agreements
- Resident and client documentation, including residential care agreements, home care agreements and retirement village residence contracts
- Sale and purchase of businesses, sites and facilities
- Aged care and retirement village facility leases, and management agreements
- Assistance with applications and approvals, for established and new industry participants
- Legal support for developments and redevelopments, and subsequent leasing and sales processes
- Preparing policies and procedures
- Resident complaints and the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
- Coronial inquests
- Findings of breach, non-compliance and sanctions
- Corporate governance (including not-for-profit)
- Employment and workplace relations
We actively support Aged and Community Services Australia (ACSA), the largest peak industry body for not-for-profit aged and community care providers in Australia, which provides us with a unique insight into the issues and developments in the industry. We also regularly present seminars and training sessions on topics relevant to our clients.
We have been recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a leading health and aged care firm in Western Australia. David McMullen is also ranked in this publication as a leading Western Australian health and aged care lawyer.