Commercial and Property Law
Property and Development
We have expertise in a range of property and development related matters, ranging from the routine to the complex.
We work with clients in health, aged care and retirement living, as well as a variety of other sectors and industries.
We can assist with:
- Sale and purchase of land - including drafting, review and negotiation of sale contracts and special conditions;
- Leases – drafting, review and negotiation (including commercial, medical, health and retail);
- Leasing issues between lessors and lessees such as rent review arrangements, outgoings, signage, parking and access rights; and briefing of expert valuers;
- Land subdivision documentation and agreements;
- Restrictive covenants, easements, caveats, memorials and notifications on title;
- Development management agreements;
- Off-the-plan sales contracts;
- Land tenure issues;
- Acquisitions and sales – including heads of agreement and legal due diligence;
- Strata titles and community titles;
- Preparation of dealings for registration at Landgate; and
- Town planning and local government issues including under the Planning and Development Act and Local Government Act; and objections to rates and land valuations.
We work with businesses across a range of sectors and industries (including in health, aged care and retirement living), all of whom face a range of commercial law issues and regulatory obligations.
We can assist with:
- Contracts, agreements, memorandums of understanding and other commercial documentation, including:
- Consultancy agreements;
- Service contracts;
- Supply agreements;
- Trading terms; and
- Tender preparation and evaluation;
- Business and asset sales;
- Joint venture arrangements and partnership agreements;
- Directors’ duties, governance, risk, and Company Secretarial support; and
- Compliance and regulatory matters, including in relation to the Associations Incorporation Act, Corporations Act, freedom of information, privacy and data security, and the Australian Consumer Law.