Employment, Workplace Relations and Safety Law
Recognised as leaders in the areas of workplace relations, employment and WHS law, our specialist team of lawyers has worked across a variety of industries and roles, aside from law, including human resources management, and understand that clear and practical advice is key to achieving good business outcomes.
We work with a diverse range of clients, from large global employers to small businesses and not-for-profit organisations, and take the time to get to know you to ensure our advice is both targeted and practical for your needs. You will also be provided with direct access to all team members to guarantee a responsive service.
Employment and workplace relations issues we can help with include:
- Industrial relations advice
- Employment law advice
- Conducting effective workplace investigations at operational as well as executive level
- Advice and representation in termination of employment matters including unfair dismissal and general protections claims
- Representation before Courts and Tribunals including Fair Work Commission, Federal Circuit Court and anti-discrimination tribunals
- Strategic employment and industrial relations advice in transfers of business, mergers and corporate restructures
- Tailored training for line management and supervisors
Work Health and Safety Law
Our lawyers have specialist knowledge and extensive experience in Work Health and Safety (WHS) matters. This includes experience providing proactive and tailored advice to clients to ensure they are meeting their duties under the WHS Act, as well as providing legal representation at all stages of WorkSafe investigations and prosecutions.
Our services include:
- Targeted advice to clients on WHS Act duties and the management of WHS issues in the Workplace;
- Formal workplace training and presentations to businesses and executive management teams in relation to the implementation of WHS legislative changes;
- Representation in administrative review proceedings before the WHS Tribunal, including challenges to improvement and prohibition notices issued by WorkSafe;
- Advice in relation to applications for to High Risk Work Licenses;
- Advice and representation during WorkSafe Investigations and criminal proceedings relating to serious or fatal incidents;
We also have strong working relationships with leading WHS law Barristers who are experts in their field and can be engaged on more complex matters when required.
Competitive pricing options are available to suit your needs for a continually changing business environment.
Our clients come from a diverse range of industries and professions, including:
- health and aged care
- transport and logistics
- construction (mining and civil)
- offshore oil and gas
- engineering and fabrication
- professional, social and community services
Our team are specialists with diverse industry experience and have been recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a recommended Law Firm for Employer representation.